Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Surprise Newspaper!!

Two of my sisters, Tina and Faith (she will be 11 years old this month), surprised me with a handmade newspaper - customized to my life!  Shocked, I received it in the mail.  That weekend, my creative stepdaughter and I set about to reply to the newspaper, mailing out our own envelope of goodies.

Here is the newspaper they sent (click on the photos to enlarge):










I wrote back a letter to the editor, in outrage that the author of the front page article thought a grandmother could not knit ReTP, a question to Dear Gabby, and I sent a resume/cover letter for the CEO of the fictitious National Knitters of America (NKA) position from the classifieds. Channah wrote a few Dear Gabby letters, and other goodies herself to add to the envelope.

Tina may scan them in and I'll upload our replies later.  It is my understanding that when they received our envelope, they replied and we should be receiving something in the mail either today or tomorrow.  It's like having snail-mail pen pals all over again!!  What fun!!


Romans 10:15
And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"


~~~

Michelle


**EDIT**
Here is my letter to the editor that I sent back to Tina and Faith:

Michelle Cain
President of ReTP

To: Nashville News Headquarters

Dear Editor in Chief;

I am OUTRAGED over your article on the front page of the 1st Edition of the Nashville News (Monday, August 20, 2012), titled “Knitting Fever Outbreak” by Jill Crochet.  As the owner of ReTP, it angers me that you would insist that anyone (let alone a seasoned grandmother!) would fail at their attempts to knit this ingenious design!

Also, to add further insult, the article not so subtly implies that Knitting Fever is a BAD thing!  As a news source, have you been following the economic crisis?  Knitting Fever is helping stimulate the knitting/yarn industry, helping us thrive and forcing us to CREATE jobs!! Are you saying stimulating an industry is bad?  Or are you saying it is only bad because it involves knitting, and the last name of the author is crochet, so they MUST be prejudiced against those with two needles!

Actually, now that I think about it, it seems to me that this is a form of discrimination. I may need to file a lawsuit unless you intend to recant the claims made in your article and fire that awful ‘author’ (if you can call her that!).

I look forward to your next issue when you correct these wrongs, or I’ll see that your paper is ruined!!

Not so sincerely,

Michelle Cain, President of ReTP

1 comment:

  1. We had soooo much fun making this the one day it was supposed to rain! It took us almost 6 HOURS! I think it's your turn to make a newspaper for us...and WE can respond!! ~Tina

    ReplyDelete